Visa is an official document that allows us to you legally entered in a foreign country. Visa documents are authorized by government of a country. For movement from one country to another country you will need to Passport and Visa documents. These documents verify the purpose of your movement. You can easily move in any country of the world as your choice if you have legally authorized all documents from the government of that country. There are different types of Visas.

The Start-Up Visa Program was introduced by ministerial instruction in April 2013 as a five-year pilot project. It was made permanent on March 31, 2018.

The Start-Up Visa program grants Canadian permanent residence to qualified immigrant entrepreneurs. The program aims to recruit innovative entrepreneurs to Canada and link them with the Canadian private sector businesses, (angel investor groups, venture capital funds or business incubators) and facilitate the establishment of their start-up business in Canada.

Start-Up Visa Program News

  • Start-Up Visa Program Bringing Entrepreneurs and New Businesses To Canada
  • Start-Up Visa Program for Business-Minded International Students
  • Canada Start-Up Visa Program For Entrepreneur Immigrants To Be Made Permanent

How to Buy a Business and Move to Canada

Successful candidates will receive a letter of support from a government designated entity (angel investor group, venture capital fund or business incubator). The government designated entity is primarily responsible to determine the viability of the applicant’s intended business and present an approved project along with a Commitment Certificate to immigration authorities. Applications are assessed under a pass fail basis.

Applicants to Canada’s Start-Up Visa program must meet four basic eligibility requirements:

  1. Have a qualifying business
  2. Obtain a commitment from a designated entity in the form of a Commitment Certificate and Letter of Support;
  3. Have sufficient unencumbered, available and transferable settlement funds;
  4. Demonstrate sufficient proficiency in English or French through standardized testing (Canadian Language Benchmark level 5) ;

The required commitment from a designated entity must meet the following criteria:

  • A designated angel investor group must confirm that it is investing at least $75,000 CAD into the qualifying business, or two or more commitments from designated angel investor groups totaling $75,000 CAD; OR
  • A designated venture capital fund must confirm that it is investing at least $200,000 CAD into the qualifying business or two or more commitments from designated venture capital funds totaling $200,000 CAD; OR
  • A designated business incubator must confirm that it is accepting the applicant into its business incubator Program.

In order to qualify, the intended business must be incorporated and carrying on business in Canada at the time the commitment is made and:

  • The applicant owns a least 10% of the voting rights in the corporation; AND
  • No other person holds 50% or more of the total amount of voting rights in the corporation.

Up to five applicants may have their application for permanent residence supported by the same business investment. However, certain applicants may be designated essential to the intended business. If any of the essential applicants withdraw their application or are refused for other reasons, all other applicants under the same business investment will see their applications terminated.

Applicants who have secured a Commitment Certificate from a designated entity, and who wish to begin working in the business during the processing of their permanent residence application may apply for a short term work permit on the basis of their Commitment Certificate if the designated entity supports such a request.

Canada’s Start-Up Visa program does not apply to applicants who intend to reside in the province of Quebec.

There are different types of Visas.

  • Student Visa
  • Business Visa
  • Work Visa
  • Travel/Tourist Visa
  • Spousal Visa
  • Transit Visa

When do I need a Visa?

Visa is very necessary if you go from your home country to any other country ( for travel, work, study ) but that country does not have a Visa policy with your home country. Then at that situation you can’t do your work freely in other country. Then you have a Visa policy from foreign country with your home country to do your work freely.

Documents required for Visa

  • A photocopy of information page of your passport.
  • One or two photograph of specific size determined by Visa Office.
  • Proof of Financial support.
  • Travel insurance
  • Airplane ticket
  • Proof of purpose of travel
  • Visa application fees

Questions regarding Visa interview

  • Why do you want to go to other country?
  • Do you have criminal record or not?
  • Who will you be visiting?
  • How long will you stay?
  • Do you have health insurance for this trip?